Phase 5 Reopening 15 September 2021
As of September 15, 2021, Nova Scotia is due to be moving into Phase 5 which allows for lifting of all COVID restrictions. However, I will be following the advice of Dr. Strang, Public Health Agency and the Cosmetology Association of Nova Scotia, who all strongly recommend the wearing of masks in spaces where physical distancing is difficult.
I will continue to wear a mask, and I will also continue to require all clients entering the spa to wear a mask, except for the time taken to perform services that require the mask to be removed. I will also be continuing with all my current protocols regarding sanitation, including hand washing and sanitizing all surfaces after every client.
In my line of work, physical distancing is impossible, and I am in close contact with all of you who come into my spa. My top priority is keeping all my clients, myself, and my family safe and healthy, while I welcome you into my spa and my home to enjoy my services.
- I will continue to operate BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- There will be 15 minutes booked between each client to limit the possibility of client crossover, plus allow me time for extra sanitation of my spa.
- I ask that any clients who are experiencing any of the symptoms below which are new, or worsened if associated with allergies or pre-existing conditions, to please contact me to reschedule your appointment AT NO CHARGE. Please try and allow a minimum of 24 hours notice of a cancellation to give me time to fill your appointment time.
- Dry Cough, or worsening of a previous cough
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Similarly, if you have been outside of Atlantic Canada, OR have been in direct contact with anyone who has been outside of Atlantic Canada, OR have been in direct contact with anyone who has been sick, within the last 14 days, AND you are not fully vaccinated, please allow me to reschedule your appointment at no charge.
In the Spa
- Please arrive on time, not early, for your appointment. If you find me still in my treatment room with a client, please wait outside or in your vehicle until my previous client has left.
- Please wash your hands upon arrival. My bathroom is available for hand washing. In addition, there is hand sanitizer throughout the spa to be used frequently.
- Masks are still required for clients to wear. Please bring your OWN CLEAN MASK. I will have disposable masks available at a small extra cost. Please do not wear gloves to your appointment.
- Please come alone for your appointment. At this time, I strongly discourage bringing children to the spa, but particularly children under 2 years old and / or children who cannot wear a mask.
- For now, I will not be providing any beverages, chocolates, or reading material. Please refrain from bringing any beverages or food, as masks will have to be removed to consume anything.
- Regular disinfection procedures will all continue. In addition, I will be sanitizing all touched surfaces, e.g. doorknobs, light switches, spa equipment, credit card terminal (iPhone and iPad) in between each client.
- I will wash my hands before and after each client, and use a mask and gloves for every service.
- I ask that clients refrain from using their phones during the treatment, particularly during a manicure.
- There will be an adjustment to the amount of linens on the treatment table for services. All linens and table paper will be changed and the table will be sanitized after each client.
Thank you to all my valued clients, especially at this time. Your support, patience, understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated. This is a new way for us all, for now. But with positivity and a healthy sense of humour, we can still enjoy reconnecting!